HEBA tomato bredie with krummelpap
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
15 ml coconut oil
2 large onions, diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 kilogram stewing lamb (or mutton), cubed
Water (enough to cover the meat)
125ml beef stock
500g tomatoes, chopped
5 ml Xylitol
2 ml dried thyme
5 ml fresh coriander
Seasoing to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onions and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the onions are transparent.
- Add the meat and brown quickly on all sides.
- Add the seasoning, a little stock and water then allow to simmer.
- Cover and cook until the meat becomes tender.
- Add tomatoes, xylitol, herbs and the rest of the stock until the tomatoes have completely cooked through, approx. 1 hour.
- Serve with HEBA krummelpap and frech coriander.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.