There's nothing like a batch of freshly baked cookies. Keep it sugar free, gluten free and Banting friendly by using our Seed & Almond Loaf premix. Enjoy!
Recipe and photography credit: The Good Roots
1 ⅓ cup Banting Blvd. Seed & Almond Loaf premix
3 Tbsps coconut oil
⅓ cup xylitol
⅓ cup egg whites
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
⅓ cup slivered almonds or chopped dark chocolate
1. Whisk the eggs whites until it reaches soft peaks. Fold in the coconut oil and vanilla essence.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together and then fold in the wet ingredients.
3. Cover the mixing bowl and place the bowl with the dough in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 190'C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll the dough into equal size balls ( about 1 tbsp of dough each). Spread the balls out evenly on the prepared baking tray.
5. Flatten with the palm of your hand to form circles and gently press the slivered almond or chocolate pieces into the cookies.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and baked. Let it cool on a rack before storing in a sealable container/jar.
Comments will be approved before showing up.